NED Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is NED Australian owned?
NED is an Australian owned Melbourne based company.
What are NED hair and grooming products made of?
NED always uses the highest quality ingredients available to create the best performing formula, which involves natural ingredients where possible. Like all natural or pharmaceutical products, test patch before use.
Are NED products vegan?
Yes. All NED grooming products are vegan-friendly.
Are NED products tested on animals?
No. NED products are not tested on animals. 100% cruelty free!
What sustainability actions are taken at NED to protect the environment?
Minimal use of plastics and dyes for our packaging and recyclable materials where possible.
I haven’t received a payment confirmation email yet, why?
We’re in the process of updating our mail servers, but a payment confirmation email has been sent to you :) Please check your Junk or Spam inbox. The confirmation email address will be from email@example.com
Will I receive a Shipping confirmation email?
We’re in the process of updating our Shipping systems and apologise for any confusion. If you ordered on or before 20th of July, 2020, your order is on it’s way to you! Please also allow for possible COVID-19 shipping delays. After the 20th of July a Shipment confirmation email should be received. Please check your Junk / Spam inbox. Please contact us if you have any questions.
How do you use beard oil?
Beard oil is best applied after a shower or warm towel wash.
- Squeeze the pipette to fill the applicator with beard oil.
- Squeeze 1-3 drops (or as much as you want) in the palm of your hands.
- Rub the oil in to the palm of your hands to ensure a more even spread in your beard.
- Begin to massage the oil deep through your beard working backwards against the hair.
How do you use beard wax?
Beard wax is best applied on a freshly washed beard. We recommend starting with beard shampoo, and if you want to use oil as well, apply the beard oil prior to using wax.
Here’s how to use NED beard wax:
- Clean your beard. We recommend using NED The Oasis One beard shampoo for a subtle and refreshing peppermint scent. Rinse with warm water.
- Dry your beard off using a towel. If you prefer to blow dry, use the dryer on a cool or medium heat setting and take breaks during the process to protect your beard from heat damage.
- Use a beard comb to untangle and tidy up. If you decided to blow dry, comb and dry at the same time to prevent tangles and make it easier to style.
- Warm the underside of the sealed wax tin with hot water to soften it.
- Use your finger to get about a 5c piece worth of wax from the tin.
- Rub the wax between your thumb and forefinger to soften it further. Or, you can rub it into the palm of your hand until it’s soft.
- Using small amounts of wax each time, apply the wax to the sides of your beard first, then once evenly applied, add to the front of your beard. Massage it in and continue the process until the wax is used up. Depending on your preferred style, you can spread the wax using your beard comb as it makes the distribution of the wax even and simpler to set into shape.
How to remove beard wax
Use a beard wash or shampoo (such as The Oasis One) and allow it to soak into your beard for a few minutes so that it binds to the wax. Next, use a quality beard comb to get rid of any excess wax and shampoo.
Can you use beard wax and oil together?
Yes. Oil first and then finish with the wax.
When one is better than the other
We recommend using beard oil and beard wax together for an epic beard. However, there are situations where using just one might be more beneficial:
- If your beard is a fully grown thicket, beard wax is better at smoothing flyaways and sculpting a tidy appearance.
- Going on a trip? Pack beard wax rather than beard oil, since it’s less likely to spill in your toiletries/luggage. Alternatively, pack the NED Beard Travel Kit.
- If you’re in the first few weeks of beard growth, beard oil is like the nectar of the gods. Apply it daily (and reapply up to 3x during the day) for relief from itch, redness, and irritation.
How do you use pomade on your hair?
What’s the difference between mattifying moulding paste and pomade?
The Mattifying Moulding Paste, The Bush One is for a strong matte finish hold. It creates texture and has medium to strong hold.
The difference with the Pomade, The Ranger One is that The Ranger One is a wet, slick look. It’s like a gel meets wax but more polished and groomed than natural.
How does the clippings catcher work?
The NED clippings catcher does just that, catch your hairs while you’re shaving or trimming. Here’s how to use it:
- Use the fastening strap to secure it around the back of your neck
- Stick suction cups to mirror. Press hooks down to secure.
- Trim/Shave your face, neck and/or head.
- Remove suction cups from the mirror.
- With suction cups on hands, lower over the waste bin to dispose of hair.
- To store, flip the pouch inside out, pack in the cape and place in travel case.
Is it safe to use moustache and beard grooming products every day?
NED beard oils, waxes, hair products and body wash are all made of premium, high quality ingredients. As long as you use your NED products as directed, it is safe to use these products daily.
Who is behind the NED brand?
Established hair care product developers are behind the NED brand, which has been established since 2014.
Have further questions?
That’s all we’ve covered here on NED FAQ’s but if you have another question, please submit a contact form below.